Saturday, February 9, 2008

Jacksonville Late-Night Restaurants

I was driving home late tonight and I thought: I would love to know about late-night restaurants in the Jacksonville area. A quick web search for these terms returns some nation-wide directory that lists a few local results on each of their many sub-domains. Based on this typical user's search, I would be forced to conclude that Denny's, Taco Bell, and Sonic are the only local restaurants in Jacksonville that stay open "late" at all.

Now, I feel like we might be missing out on something here. I know there are some breakfast joints that open hours before dawn, and they could be advertising to night-owls like me.

For a city of the size of Jacksonville, I would also expect there to be more all-night, 24-hour eateries. I would kind of hope so anyway!

Forget these paid directories and pay per click links. The best way to market a late-night restaurant online is with SEO. Why sit on a list with a dozen alternative diners? Ideally, you want your own website, with your own copyright - your 24 hr. menu, or your late-night hours, and probably some pictures reminding the readers why they are so ready to jump up from their seat at a crazy hour of the night to go get some food.

Great. Now I'm hungry. And I still can't find a good restaurant!

First Impressions of Google's December Core Update (2020)

It was a little later than expected, but Google has officially rolled out their December Core update for 2020.  While Google is always makin...